Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Setting up for a strong finish and return to SPIRE

By Ola Nowak
Senior, Setter


When I heard that I reached 3,000 assists, it was a nice surprise because that is something I don’t keep track of. A big reason that I have been able to accomplish this is because our team has gotten better from when I came here. Obviously, I couldn’t achieve this without my teammates.

I feel like a big reason for the success that we have had this year is because of how close we are as a team. The communication and chemistry on the team got better. We got to know each other better and we feel each other better on the court.

Defense has been something that we’ve done well to help us win matches. In the beginning of preseason, we emphasized defense mostly, and that’s what has kept us going. The big long rallies that we have from getting lots of digs gives us a lot of confidence. We saw how we can beat teams by making them tired because we are digging more balls than last year. Obviously, our hitters are doing a better job of putting balls way this year as well.

Last weekend was a little bit rough, but we are making sure that we pick things up to prepare and get ready for this weekend. We watched the film from last 2 matches to see our mistakes and try to eliminate them. Our goal is still to get to the MAC Tournament and we know what we have to do to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment